Thursday, January 3, 2013

(Pre)Training Starts Here

Yesterday marked my first day of training for the North Face Endurance Challenge 50 miler. Wow...50 miles....that makes me smile with excitement and nervousness all at the same time. Last year I completed the 50K (that is roughly 31 miles and loved it! I crossed the finish line with a huge smile on my face and immediately thought "I want to do this again!" I know this sounds a little crazy, but I did! It was amazing.

The race was extremely well organized, the course (a beautiful trail from Algonkin Park to Great Falls and back ) was very well marked, they offered great aid stations and a terrific after party! I loved running through the trails (and mud) with the Potomac River as a constant companion. There were hills and flats, mud and creeks, rock, stumps, gravel and dirt. And I can not wait to do it all again.

But 50 miles....that is a long way and to be honest causes a little anxiety, but a great sense of adventure too! That is exactly how I am choosing to look at this run, as an ADVENTURE! Isn't that what life is anyway, an adventure?

1 comment:

  1. Very very cool, Terri! I am looking forward to reading you blog. You will keep me inspired to run.

    ReplyDelete