Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Get this party started!

As I ring in the New Year and reflex on 2012, I am amazed at all that has happened in the past year. Each year brings new joys, new friendships, new changes  and new challenges. And 2012 was no exception.

In the past year, I ran 1500 miles, I completed my fifth marathon and ran a 50K trail race. I have made friendships that I treasure more than they will ever know. I started a new job, struggled financially, made peace with some difficult situations, worked hard to help my children be the best they can be and made more of an effort to focus on myself and my own happiness! After all I am a mom first! But I am also a wife, a sister, a friend, a daughter and an employee! I am very busy and feel like I am walking on a tight rope while in constant motion, constant thought and often in constant conflict (usually with myself).

As I move into 2013, I have (for the first time in my life) really reflected on what I want to change in my life and made some resolutions. I have decided to share some of my "resolutions" and goals for 2013 and to write about them. I have found in the past that "keeping track" makes me more accountable to myself. After reflecting and listing my resolutions/goal I determined my primary focus for the year is BALANCE!
  • Balance my time between my three jobs better; two of the three jobs are from home and often my "work time" is mixed between the two jobs.
  • Balance work and home (since I mostly work at home; I am almost always working in one way or another) and need to focus on stuff at home a little more (laundry, dishes, cleaning bathrooms, simply relaxing and hanging with the family, etc.)
  • Balance time and efforts with my three kids. All three are so special and unique, they each require different amounts of attention at different times.
My primary (running) goal for 2013, is to focus on the enjoyment and not speed of running. Speed will come as I get stronger, but I need to enjoy running!
  • Train for and complete the North Face 50 miler (June 1)
  • Run thirteen 13.1 in the year 2013...not all of them will be "official" half marathons, but will designate thirteen runs through out the year as a 13.1
  • Relax and enjoy the process of running and training
  • Increase my strength
My final goal is to "blog" about my experiences through out the year, so that I may better be able to reflect on my own life and to be truer to myself. I plan to write about running/training and my day to day life (I promise not blah blah blah about my life!). I know that we all struggle day to day, but sometimes it is comforting to know that others are going through the same things you are!

Here is to staying balanced and a new and better year! Here is to 2013!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment